Today, I have this easy, yummy and healthy peanut butter energy bites recipe for you. You can have this on your plate in almost no time! If you have kids at home, they are going to love this for sure. I made this yesterday only to find an empty plate in the fridge this morning! (haha) These protein packed bites are idle to snack in between your meals. It is a easy tiffin recipe to pack for school, so good for birthday parties and is definitely a conversation starter for those ladies get together! It is loaded with the goodness of flax seeds, oats, honey, dark chocolate…now that’s a lot of goodness in a bite! Just imagine your kids having flax seeds and oats! 😁😅. We all know how difficult (next to impossible) it is to make our kids eat this healthy stuff!
So, I have these two interesting versions for you, one is where i have made the bites by just combining all the ingredients together and the other version is chocolate dipped. My kids loved the chocolate dipped version for the obvious reason!
Good to Know
Flax seeds are known for their amazing health benefits like they are rich in omega 3, dietary fiber and they contain high quality protein. Oats are rich in antioxidants, soluble fiber, can help lower cholesterol, help control blood sugar level and may help you lose weight as well. Honey is rich in antioxidants, ease digestive problems, soothe coughs and sore throat to name a few.
-------------------------------- Makes: 12-15 bites Cuisine:Continental Course: Snack Difficulty Level : Easy --------------------------------
Ingredients & Qty 1. Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter - 1/2 cup (75 gm) You can use creamy peanut butter as well 2. Flax Seeds - 3 tsp (15 gm) 3. Rolled Oats - 4 tsp (20 gm) 4. Honey - 2 tsp 5. Biscuits - 4 no. (optional) (I have used Parle G glucose biscuit) 6. Dark Chocolate - 2 bars (I have used Cadbury Bournville, 50% cocoa, dark chocolate bars) 7. Milk - 2-3 tsp (Required Only for chocolate dipped version 1.1)
Chocolate Dipped Bites (version 1.1)
Scroll down for making Version 1.2
1. Grind the oats, flax seeds and glucose biscuits in flour consistency (keep it slightly coarse), using mixer grinder/food processor.
2. In a mixing bowl, add Crunchy peanut butter, grounded oats, flax seeds, glucose biscuits, and honey, mix until well combined to form dough ball.
3. Make small bites/balls, if you feel it is not holding together, add some (one tsp) peanut butter.
4. Keep the bites in the fridge for 20 minutes so that the dough holds together once you start dipping them in melted chocolate.
5. In the meanwhile, Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds, remove and stir (Don’t rely on your eyes, because the chocolate pieces retain their shape until you stir them Or boil 1 cup water in a saucepan, then reduce the flame and let it simmer, Place a bowl that fits the mouth of the sauce pan, put the chocolate in that bowl, keep on stirring until the chocolate melts)
6. Add 2 to 3 tsp milk and whisk, to make the chocolate dip easy to work with. You can add coconut oil to achieve a thin working consistency but i prefer milk.
7. Coat the bites one by one with melted chocolate. Use a toothpick or fork for a mess free job. Once done, put it back in the fridge and freeze for about an hour or two and enjoy!
Now let’s make the other version….version (1.2) 😀
1. Grind the oats, flax seeds and glucose biscuits in flour consistency, using mixer grinder/food processor.
2. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds, remove and stir (Don’t rely on your eyes, because they retain their shape until you stir them). Or you can boil water in a pan and place a bowl over the pan with chocolate in it, keep on stirring until it melts.
3. In a mixing bowl, add Crunchy peanut butter, grounded oats, flax seeds, glucose biscuits, honey, and melted chocolate, mix until well combined to form dough ball.
4. Make small bites/balls, if you feel it is not holding together, add some (one tsp) peanut butter.
5. Refrigerate for an hour and serve. Voila! our version 1.2 is ready! 😀
Here are some more Peanut Butter Recipes for you!