-------------------------------- Makes : 9-10 mini bites Cuisine: American Course: Snack/Dessert ---------------------------------
1. Banana : 1 peeled medium sized banana (don’t use soft, over ripe or raw one)
2. Dark Chocolate: 6 squares I have used 6 squares of one 150 gm Dark chocolate bar. Instead of Dark chocolate you can use white chocolate as well.
3. Natural Peanut Butter : 30 gm or 6 tsp (Approx) Instead of peanut butter you can use almond or some other favorite of yours.
4. Milk : 2-3 tsp
1. Cut the banana into thin slices (not too thin!)
2. Spread the peanut butter on a slice and cover it with the other slice, so basically you have to make banana and peanut butter sandwich. If you find the peanut butter as too sticky and hard to spread, microwave it for 30 seconds.
3. Freeze for about 1.5 or 2 hours. (It is important to freeze the bites before you start dipping them in the melted chocolate because otherwise you will find them slippery and difficult to work with)
4. In the meanwhile, place the chocolate squares in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir (Don’t rely on your eyes, because the chocolate pieces retain their shape until you stir them Or boil 1 cup water in a saucepan, then reduce the flame and let it simmer, Place a bowl that fits the mouth of the sauce pan, Put the chocolate in that bowl, keep on stirring until the chocolate melts)
5. Add 2 to 3 tsp milk and whisk, to make the chocolate dip easy to work with. Lot of people add coconut oil to achieve a thin working consistency but i prefer milk.
6. Take the bites out of the freezer and one by one dip them in the melted chocolate leaving the top of the sandwich or you can only dip half of it or you can go for the chocolate coated version by putting the whole sandwich into the dip ( for this you may require little more chocolate). Place a baking sheet or parchment paper in the tray so as to avoid chocolate stains and also to easily transfer the bites to the serving dish. I could not arrange one because of the lock down in my city.
7. Freeze the bites again for at least an hour before serving.
Here are some more Peanut Butter recipes for you!
This is a easy, 3 ingredient, no bake recipe. These mini muffin mould bites….actually it’s just half a mould! are so good for those hunger pangs which trouble you in between your main meals! … Continue reading →