Apicius, the 1st Century Roman gourmand rightly said “We eat first with our eyes”. This colorful, 4 ingredient, healthy bowl is so good to look at, it really stimulates your senses. This guilt free, nutrient rich salad bowl is easy to prepare and you can always add your favorite or available ingredients /vegetables and customize it. It is loaded with the goodness of broccoli, pomegranate seeds, quinoa & yogurt.
Good to know
Quinoa is a tiny edible seed and has a dense nutrient profile. It is said to be one of the few plants that contain all nine essential amino acids. Broccoli is a powerhouse full of vitamins, fiber & minerals. Pomegranates are rich in Vitamin C & potassium. Yogurt has lot of calcium & is also high in B vitamins. So much to build your immunity! And with so much happening in the world right now, it is impossible not to mention the importance of building immunity and focus on sound mental and physical health.
-------------------------- Makes : 2 Servings Diet : Diabetic friendly Cuisine: Continental Course: Salad --------------------------
Ingredients & Qty
|Cooked Quinoa||1 small bowl|
|Pomegranate seeds||1 small bowl|
|Flax seeds||3 tsp|
|Natural Yogurt/thick curd||1 small bowl|
|Lemon juice||2-3 tsp|
|Chat masala/Black salt||To taste|
1. Cook Quinoa : Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a pan. Bring it to boil and reduce the flame. Let it simmer and cook on low or medium flame until the quinoa absorbs the water. cover and let it sit for 5 minutes. It will allow the quinoa to fluff up.
2. Take 2-3 florets of broccoli, wash well and steam for 3-5 minutes. Rinse with icy cold water to stop the cooking process. You will see beautiful bright green florets with crunchy and crisp texture. Now finely chop the florets.
3. In a serving bowl, mix cooked quinoa, chopped broccoli, pomegranate seeds, flax seeds, lemon juice, chat masala/black salt & little salt to taste.
4. Mix well, add 1 small bowl of natural yogurt or thick curd. Quantity of yogurt may vary as per individual’s choice.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving. Serve immediately or cover it with airtight lid or cling film, refrigerate and serve cold.
Here are some more salad recipes for you!
Protein Packed Quinoa Salad Meal Hi there! The whole world is going through difficult times. People are worried, as the spread of Corona virus has resulted in never before kind of actions, emotions and restrictions. As the medical science struggles to find a cure or a probable vaccine at the earliest, our only guard… Continue reading →
Hi there! So here I am with my first recipe. It’s first week of February and it’s pretty cold here in India. I am sure nobody would mind having a hot salad that adds a little warmth to the cold evenings. It is super easy to make and takes very little time to cook. The… Continue reading →