Good to know
Semolina (sooji, rava) has zero cholesterol and it is rich in magnesium, Iron, protein and dietary fiber.
------------------------ Makes 12 idlis Course: Breakfast/Lunch/Snack Cuisine: South Indian Difficulty Level : Medium ------------------------
|2 cup, rava idli readymix (250 g)|
|1 cup sour curd (not needed if you are using fermented Idli batter)|
|3 tsp Onion garlic paste|
|4 tsp tomato puree|
|1 slit green chilly|
|1/2 tsp Mustard seeds|
|1/2 tsp sambhar powder (optional)|
|1/4th tsp Red chilli powder|
|1/2 tsp turmeric powder|
|1 bunch Fresh coriander leaves|
|5-8 Curry Leaves|
|1 Red whole kashmiri chilli (optional)|
|Salt to taste|
- Put rava idli readymix and sour curd in a bowl, mix well. Add little water, mix again. Set aside for 10 minutes. Add some more water till you get a thick but smooth pouring consistency.
2. Take idli tray and grease it with little oil. put a dollop of batter in each section. In a pressure cooker(or you can use idli maker), put enough water and bring it to boil. Reduce the flame and place the idli stand inside the pressure cooker, remove the weight and steam for 10 minutes on high flame. After few minutes, remove the idlis from the tray and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok, add mustard seeds, slit green chilly, curry leaves and red whole kashmiri chilly. Let the mustard seeds splutter well.
3. Add 3 tsp onion garlic paste and saute it for few minutes, till translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder, sambhar powder, Red chilly powder, salt and tomato puree. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix again.
5. One by one place your idlis (Steamed cakes) in the wok and gently toss the idlis in the gravy till the gravy is fully absorbed.
6. Garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves, serve hot.
Serving suggestion : Serve it with sweet or masala chaach (spicy buttermilk).
Here are some other interesting recipes for you!