------------------------ Makes 2 bowls of chicken quinoa Course : Lunch/Dinner Difficulty level : Medium ------------------------
Good to Know
|300 gm Boneless chicken pieces|
|2 cup cooked Quinoa|
|3 tsp curd|
|1 tsp garlic paste|
|1 tsp Red chilli powder|
|1/2 tsp turmeric powder|
|1/2 tsp ground cumin powder|
|1/2 tsp Coriander powder|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|2 tsp cooking oil|
|A bunch of fresh Cilantro/Coriander leaves|
|1 tsp salt or to taste|
For the marinade
- Wash the chicken pieces and place them in a big bowl.
- Add curd, garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ground cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, lemon juice and chopped cilantro/coriander leaves.
- Mix well and marinate for minimum 30 minutes or keep the marinade in the refrigerator to be used next day.
- Cook Quinoa : Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a pan. Bring it to boil and reduce the flame. Let it simmer and cook on low or medium flame until the quinoa absorbs the water. cover and let it sit for 5 minutes. It will allow the quinoa to fluff up. Once cooked, keep aside.
1.Heat a pan/kadhai and add 2 tsp cooking oil, add marinated chicken pieces.
2. Stir and cover the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. After 3-4 minutes, you will notice that it is partially cooked and has a gravy now! Mix well and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes. Check whether the chicken is nicely cooked, if required cook it for few more minutes. (Don’t overcook or it will become chewy and dry)
4. Remove the lid, and cook on high flame to quickly reduce the gravy. We do not want our chicken to be completely dry, remove from flame when little moist and has very little gravy left, just good enough to coat it well.
5. Serve hot along with quinoa and raw onion rings.