This tasty nutritious spinach omelette is a perfect satiating breakfast. I am trying to follow quantified nutrition and this breakfast meal is a part of my diet plan. It is cooked in 2 tsp olive oil. I have used cherry tomatoes but you can replace it with the normal one.
Good to Know
Eggs are rich in Vit. D, B6, B12, selenium, zinc, iron & copper. The yolk has more fat and calories than the egg white.
MACROS – 247.5 Calories 13.4g Protein 5.5g Carbs 19.2g Fats
Makes one omelette
Course : Breakfast/snack
Difficulty level : Easy
2 whole eggs
25 gm chopped spinach
3-4 cherry tomatoes or deseed and chop 1/2 normal tomato
1/2 finely chopped onion
2 tsp Olive oil
1/4th tsp Garam Masala (optional)
1/4th tsp Italian seasoning or Oregano
1/4th tsp Black pepper powder
Salt & red chilli powder/chilli flakes to taste
A bunch of chopped fresh Coriander leaves
1.Whisk two whole eggs in a bowl and add chopped onions, spinach & fresh coriander leaves. Mix well
2. Add black pepper powder, Italian seasoning, garam masala, red chiili powder & salt. Whisk well to get that nice and fluffy omelette !
3. Put 2 tsp olive oil on a hot tawa or pan. Pour the mixture and add tomatoes on top!
This is a healthy, easy to make breakfast & snack option especially for the north Indians like me who are not very quick with sambhar or when you don’t have enough time to cook sambhar!😀 These masala idlis (tempered semolina cakes) makes for an easy tiffin recipe, as you can do away with other accompaniments, just add a little ketchup at the top and you are done!
I am using a rava (semolina) idli readymix to prepare my batter. You can use any other idli batter of your choice.
Good to know
Semolina (sooji, rava) has zero cholesterol and it is rich in magnesium, Iron, protein and dietary fiber.
Makes 12 idlis
Cuisine: South Indian
Difficulty Level : Medium
2 cup, rava idli readymix (250 g)
1 cup sour curd (not needed if you are using fermented Idli batter)
3 tsp Onion garlic paste
4 tsp tomato puree
1 slit green chilly
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sambhar powder (optional)
1/4th tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 bunch Fresh coriander leaves
5-8 Curry Leaves
1 Red whole kashmiri chilli (optional)
Salt to taste
Put rava idli readymix and sour curd in a bowl, mix well. Add little water, mix again. Set aside for 10 minutes. Add some more water till you get a thick but smooth pouring consistency.
2. Take idli tray and grease it with little oil. put a dollop of batter in each section. In a pressure cooker(or you can use idli maker), put enough water and bring it to boil. Reduce the flame and place the idli stand inside the pressure cooker, remove the weight and steam for 10 minutes on high flame. After few minutes, remove the idlis from the tray and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a wok, add mustard seeds, slit green chilly, curry leaves and red whole kashmiri chilly. Let the mustard seeds splutter well.
3. Add 3 tsp onion garlic paste and saute it for few minutes, till translucent.
4. Add turmeric powder, sambhar powder, Red chilly powder, salt and tomato puree. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix again.
5. One by one place your idlis (Steamed cakes) in the wok and gently toss the idlis in the gravy till the gravy is fully absorbed.
6. Garnish with fresh finely chopped coriander leaves, serve hot.
Serving suggestion : Serve it with sweet or masala chaach (spicy buttermilk).