This tasty nutritious spinach omelette is a perfect satiating breakfast. I am trying to follow quantified nutrition and this breakfast meal is a part of my diet plan. It is cooked in 2 tsp olive oil. I have used cherry tomatoes but you can replace it with the normal one.
Good to Know
Eggs are rich in Vit. D, B6, B12, selenium, zinc, iron & copper. The yolk has more fat and calories than the egg white.
MACROS – 247.5 Calories 13.4g Protein 5.5g Carbs 19.2g Fats
Makes one omelette
Course : Breakfast/snack
Difficulty level : Easy
2 whole eggs
25 gm chopped spinach
3-4 cherry tomatoes or deseed and chop 1/2 normal tomato
1/2 finely chopped onion
2 tsp Olive oil
1/4th tsp Garam Masala (optional)
1/4th tsp Italian seasoning or Oregano
1/4th tsp Black pepper powder
Salt & red chilli powder/chilli flakes to taste
A bunch of chopped fresh Coriander leaves
1.Whisk two whole eggs in a bowl and add chopped onions, spinach & fresh coriander leaves. Mix well
2. Add black pepper powder, Italian seasoning, garam masala, red chiili powder & salt. Whisk well to get that nice and fluffy omelette !
3. Put 2 tsp olive oil on a hot tawa or pan. Pour the mixture and add tomatoes on top!
I am writing this recipe post after a long gap as i was unwell and had severe pain and discomfort in my throat. Luckily it was not covid! Humid weather along with the illness made me sluggish. I started taking multivitamins, calcium, giloy and homamade kadha to soothe my throat and to further build my immunity. I also increased the amount of raw turmeric in my home made decoction and it really worked for me. I am glad that i could avoid antibiotics. And as i have recently recovered so i can only think about healthy food with no cheat days at least for sometime!😁
So I have this healthy and easy to prepare Egg, Peanut Salad bowl which can be enjoyed as salad or snack in between your meals.
Good to know!
Egg whites are healthy as they provide good protein, potassium and are cholesterol free. Peanuts are good source of protein, healthy fat, fiber, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin B.
Makes 1 medium salad bowl
Course : Salad/Snack
Difficulty Level : Very Easy
3 egg whites boiled (I have used half egg yolk as well, you can use all the yolks or remove them completely as per your choice)
3 tsp Peanuts (I have used salted peanuts)
1 medium Tomato chopped
1 Medium Onion finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Chat masala, salt, red chilli flakes, Italian seasoning to taste
A bunch of fresh Coriander leaves
1. Chop the egg whites and keep aside. (I have used plain eggs but you can saute egg whites in 1/2 tsp butter or olive oil for that extra rich flavor & texture)
2. In a serving bowl, put chopped egg whites, half egg yolk, chopped tomato, onions, peanuts.
3. Add lemon juice, red chilli flakes, chat masala, salt, Italian seasoning or oregano as per your taste.
4. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves/cilantro and serve.