This mango pudding is as simple as a pudding could possibly be! This is gelatin free and has a sweet and tangy taste to it. It is so good for those weeknight cravings, just whip up the below mentioned ingredients and freeze! The picture shows 4 moulds with mango pudding because we wanted to enjoy small sweet bites so divided the pudding that’s meant for two into four!!
I have used safeda variety of mango in my pudding as it is sweet and fibreless. For the topping, I have used the totapuri variety of mango, to get that little sweet & tangy flavor at the top! It is the combination of these two varieties of mango that gives this dish it’s amazing flavor.
Makes 2 servings
Cuisine : British
Course: Dessert/sweet dish
Difficulty Level : Easy
Good to Know
Mango – The King of Fruits, has many known benefits. It is packed with vitamin C, A & K. It is a good source of dietary fiber. It also improves your skin apart from boosting your immune system. Sweetened Condensed Milk is high in calories & fat but it provides extra protein, calcium & phosphorous.
2 cups Mango pulp (I used one big safeda mango)
1/4 th cup Sweetened condensed milk
1/4th cup fresh cream (I have used low fat cream)
8-10 saffron strands soaked in 2-3 tsp warm milk
1/2 cup chopped mango (I have used Totapuri mango to get that sweet & tangy taste!)
A pinch of cinnamon powder
1. Put the mango pulp in a mixer/processor and make a smooth puree. (The safeda variety of mango, which I have used for this pudding is naturally very sweet. I recommend adjusting the quantity of sweetened condensed milk accordingly)
2. In a large bowl, mix mango puree, cinnamon powder, sweetened condensed milk, saffron milk, fresh cream and mix well.
3. Pour the mix in serving dish/bowls (I have used baking moulds) and put chopped mango bites at the top.
4. Garnish with saffron strands and keep it in the freezer for 3 to 4 hrs before serving.
Papad or pappadum is known by many names. It is a thin, crisp, flatbread from Indian subcontinent. This Masala papad recipe is easy to make, crunchy, spicy and fun! Only downside is that you must serve it immediately or the papad becomes soft & soggy because of moisture. Usually it is the first thing you are served (as starter) when you go to an Indian restaurant.
My favourite is rice papad but because of limited availability of ingredients in this lockdown, I decided to use what I have at home. I am using, Haldiram’s masala papad in my recipe which turned out to be equally good 🙂 It has Mung Bean flour, Black gram pulse flour, Tepary beans flour as the main ingredient.
Recipe for making 2 Masala papads
Course : Starter
Cuisine : Indian
Difficulty Level : Easy
Two Papads (I have used haldiram’s Punjabi masala papad, you can use any other papad of your choice like moong dal, rice papad etc)
2. Tomato – 1 medium, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes. (It is important to deseed the tomato, so as to reduce the moisture)
3. Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
4. Cucumber – 1 small, finely chopped
5. Chat Masala* – to taste
6. Lemon juice – 2 tsp
7. Fresh coriander leaves/cilantro/ – a small bunch, washed and chopped
8. Green chilly – 1 finely chopped (optional) I am not going to put green chilly in my papad, as I am using punjabi masala papad, which already has lot of spices in it.)
1. In a bowl, add chopped tomato, onion, cucumber, cilantro leaves, chat masala* and lemon juice, mix well.
2. Roast the papad in microwave for 30 seconds on both sides (or roast on tawa with little oil or deep fry your papad in oil), let it sit for few seconds. You can apply little vegetable oil as well on your papad before you microwave it.
3. Place the papad in a plate and add the onion tomato mix evenly on top.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can also think of having it as a brunch or evening snack. Just add some bhujia/sev ( A popular crispy snack prepared by using besan (gram flour) & spices) on top of it. Let me know in the comments, if you try this recipe with some other ingredients or vegetables as toppings. 😀
Hey! Now this is my favourite cheat meal, it comes with the goodness of almonds and walnuts!😀 It’s easy to prepare and requires only 5 ingredients. My mother would often make this at home and I have lost count of the occasions when I got my fingers & tongue burned trying to lick it from the hot cooking pot (haha)😋